Graduate Student Travel Support
Guidelines for applying for CEAR Travel Support are simple; tell us why you need the funding and how you plan on using it. Past applications have been 3-5 pages in length, and usually comprise the following:
- Name of conference and place of travel
- Indicate if you are waiting on acceptance or have already been selected to present at the named conference
- An abstract or executive summary of the work you will be presenting; a link to your paper can also be given in addition to the executive summary.
- A budget outlining what assistance you are requesting
- Have your adviser send in a memo of support separately on your behalf stating that they support your travel to the conference/activity and that it would be beneficial for you, the student, to attend. You may also forward your application to your adviser and ask that they submit your application on your behalf and write a brief message of support in that email.
After putting together an application for CEAR Travel Support, you should submit your request in PDF or .docx format to [email protected]. Any pre-submission questions may be addressed to that email address as well.