2017 GSU CEAR-Finance Conference: Recent Advances in Corporate Governance
May 5, 2017 – May 6, 2017
GSU Buckhead Center
A growing body of empirical and theoretical work highlights the strong connections between the fields of law and finance. Today's finance researchers rely heavily on the characteristics of legal institutions and contracts to explain the behavior of corporations and markets, while today's scholars in law and finance draw on financial theories and data to critically examine the organization and structure of law. Indeed, it is becoming increasingly common for law and finance scholars to work together in pursuing their research endeavors. This conference brings together top researchers in the fields of law and finance to discuss the topics that are of cutting-edge importance. The conference program covers theoretical and empirical approaches to better understand the issues, and integrate perspectives from both the law and corporate governance areas.
Alon Brav (Duke University) and Hadiye Aslan (Georgia State University) are the co-organizers of this conference. Contact Alon Brav at [email protected] or Hadiye Aslan at [email protected] about the program of the conference, and Mark Schneider at [email protected] for questions about participation and logistics.
The conference is funded by the Center for the Economic Analysis of Risk (CEAR) and the Department of Finance, both located in the J. Mack Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University.
- Manuel Adelino (Duke University)
- Hadiye Aslan (Georgia State University)
- Adam Badawi (Washington University in St. Louis, School of Law)
- Alon Brav (Duke University)
- Mike Burkart (London School of Economics)
- Emiliano Catan (NYU School of Law)
- Lauren Cohen (Harvard Business School)
- Alex Edmans (London Business School)
- Vyacheslav (Slava) Fos (Boston College)
- Xavier Giroud (MIT)
- Dalida Kadyrzhanova (Georgia State University)
- Jon Karpoff (University of Washington)
- Roy J. Katzovicz (Chairman of Saddle Point Group, LLC)
- Doron Levit (University of Pennsylvania)
- Inessa Liskovich (University of Texas at Austin)
- Song Ma (Yale University)
- Scott Murray (Georgia State University)
- Frank Partnoy (University of San Diego, School of Law)
- Richard D. Phillips (Georgia State University)
- Giorgia Piacentino (Washington University in St. Louis)
- Ed Rock (NYU School of Law)
- Zhen Shi (Georgia State University)
- Kelly Shue (University of Chicago)
- Steven Davidoff Solomon (University of California, Berkeley School of Law)
- Baozhong Yang (Georgia State University)
The conference will be held at the Georgia State University Buckhead Center, in Room 1203 on the 12th floor of Tower Place 200, 3348 Peachtree Rd. NE, Atlanta, GA 30326. Detailed directions can be found on the Buckhead Center's webpage and will also be included in the program.
If you are a presenter, discussant, or a special guest of the Conference, you should make your lodging arrangements directly with CEAR at [email protected]. For all other guests, CEAR recommends lodging at any of the nearby hotels, all within a short walk of the Conference venue: Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta - Buckhead, which is located at 3332 Peachtree Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30326; the DoubleTree by Hilton - Buckhead, which is located at 3342 Peachtree Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30326; or the Grand Hyatt in Buckhead, which is located at 3300 Peachtree Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30305.
*Is now closed. We have reached the maximum capacity for this workshop.